top of page


If you are a grandparent, an aunt or uncle, a sibling, a cousin, over the age of 55, and raising a child under 18 not born to you – then we are here to help you! See below for the services we offer.


We’re able to assist caregivers in gaining access to available services.

Read More

We provide individual counseling, training to assist in decision making and problem solving.

Read More

For caregivers raising a second generation child, our classes provide ways that caregivers can increase their own self-esteem and set goals for their new family’s future.

Read More

We offer information on general benefits; how to advocate on behalf of your children and related services.

Read More

We assist caregivers in making the best decisions for them and their children. *A court must formally recognize a legal kinship relationship.

Read More

This mentoring program is for girls and boys ages 13-17 that are living in kinship care. The program is designed to reinforce our youth with a sense of personal and cultural worth while creating a strong support system, developing short-term and long-term goals, and achieving academic excellence. 

Read More
  • What is Informal Kinship?
    Kinship care is when relatives step up to raise a child or children when their parents can't or won't care for them for the time being. Today, nearly 2.7 million children are in kinship care in the United States. If you were raised by a grandparent, an aunt, or a close friend, you were raised under kinship care.
  • What is Diversion Kinship Care?
    In some cases, child welfare agencies work with parents to facilitate moving a child to a relative’s care, sometimes by opening a case and sometimes by doing an assessment or child protection investigation (arrangements vary widely by jurisdiction). This category, called kinship diversion (also known as foster care diversion, voluntary placement or safety planning, among other terms), includes all children who have come to the attention of child welfare agencies and live with a relative or close friend of the family. Most of these children — up to 400,000 — are not in formal foster care.
  • What are Grandparents Rights?
    In Pennsylvania, a grandparent can seek visitation (also called partial custody) if the child's nuclear family unit is broken. Specifically, a grandparent can file an action for partial custody when: The child's parent(s) is deceased The child's parents have been separated for at least six months or have Filed a divorce or separation action, or The child has resided with the grandparent for at least 12 months. Additionally, even if the above factors are present, the grandparent must demonstrate that partial custody or visitation serves the grandchild's best interests and doesn't interfere with the child-parent relationship.
  • How can Grandparents get custody of their grandchildren in Pennsylvania?
    In order to get custody (visitation rights) of a grandchild or grandchildren, a grandparent would have to file a custody petition in the county in which the child resides, if the child has resided there for the last six consecutive months.
  • Informal Kinship Care at a glance:
    No legal authority Parents can take back the child at any time Preventative services only Can seek formal custody via Family Court May be eligible as a household for Temporary Assistance Can apply for the DPW for a child for cash-only Not eligible for an adoption subsidy or Kin-foster care services or payments

Help Us Make a Difference

bottom of page